Monday, September 12, 2011

You are one month old

I am running a little behind, and Evelyn is actually 5 weeks old now, but oh well.

Things you love:
~FOOD (your 11 lb weight demonstrates that easily, and I'm convinced your first social smile will be at my boob)
~Your Nuk bottle from daddy
~The swing and the bouncer
~The car! You fall right asleep or happily "talk" to yourself
~The bath. You have taken to cooing at the pretty baby in the mirror, who always seems to take a bath at the SAME TIME as you :)
~The moby wrap!

Things you hate:
~Being hungry
~Being wet (a new development, you used to not really care)
~The gas bubbles in your tummy

Things you can do:
~Purposefully move your arms (the purpose is usually added emphasis whilest screaming)
~Hold your head up on your own
~Push off the floor during tummytime
~Roll from back to side, then you try REALLY hard to get to your tummy but you're still stuck there
~Respond and turn to loud noises
~Easily go from bottle to boob with no issues
~SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT (5 hours is the definition of STTN for newborns. We usually get 5, sometimes 6-8).

Every day, you get bigger, stronger, and more alert. You have started laughing in your sleep. We can't wait until it's for us. Your daddy loves you so much, and can't get enough of you. I am amazed by how much you have changed already.

You are teaching me to be a better person, mainly by being more patient and not being so obsessive about control. But work with me, baby. Momma is a work in progress, and I'm still learning that my house won't be as clean, or that I have to take a shower on your timetable and not my own. I know that together, we can do it :)

1 comment: