Thursday, December 1, 2011

Whosah mah baby?

It's like our own special language together. I say those three words in my mommy voice and her eyes light up and her smile falls across her face.

It doesn't take much to make this little girl smile. Her puppy walking by. Her daddy's voice on the phone. A silly phrase, or a bib upturned on her face.

I am amazed by how much she is LEARNING. We play our bib game, and now, she puts the bib there herself. And waits. Because she knows that next, Mommy will flip it down and cry out BOO and she will smile and laugh and the cycle will begin again. She can bring a toy to her, and after a few tries, eventually get it in her mouth. We have started using the simple baby signs around her, and she stares intently at our hands, then looks down at hers, as though she is trying to figure it out but hasn't made the final connection yet.

I was telling my PRIDE students today that her favorite thing to do is hold things. What a life, I quiped, that holding a blanket would be so enjoyable. But she does love to hold things. Our family photos would have taken 20 minutes less time if she hadn't continuously grabbed and pulled the blankets from underneath her.

My favorite time is the morning, when she wakes up on her own, because she is so happy. I sneak in and undo the first part of her swaddle. Her arm immediately stretches to the sky. I pull out the second part and the other arm goes up and her back arches and she strettttttches. I take her to her changing table to begin the diaper change and her little eyes blink open, halfway at first, then all the way. And her smile easily washes across her face as we lock eyes, and I know she is saying, "Why Good Morning, Momma!" She giggles throughout the change--I don't know if she anticpates bathtime each time, or if she truly loves getting dressed after, but its apparently hilarious. Then she snuggles into my breast for breakfast, undoubtedly unleashes an explosive poop, and pops off. Then, she chats endlessly until Daddy comes in to take her for her next change, and that smile, that face-enveloping smile once again dances across her cheeks for him.

She is so smiley. She is so happy and talkative. This little girl is so much fun and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment