Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dear Little Point Guard--week 6

Hi, baby. It's your momma. Hopefully you know who I am, since I am the one you will be growing inside of for the next 8 months.

LPG, I want you to know, right away, before I say anything else, how loved you are. Already. You are just the size of a sweetpea, but you are loved beyond my capacity to even understand. Me and your daddy wanted you very much, and we are so thankful and blessed that you are ours. Your grandparents love you, your aunts and uncles love you, and tons of people you haven't even met yet, and may never, love and care for you. If you are anything, my littlest one, it is loved.

My plan on this blog is to create a virtual scrapbook for you to have one day. You will be able to see the pictures of you as you grew in my tummy, and hear about all the things I went through while I had you with me. No matter what, I want you to know that you are worth anything. I would already do anything for you, to make you happy and give you a good life.

My precious one, I have so much to tell you about. I can't wait to write about your daddy, and how me and him met and fell in love. I can't wait to tell you about your dog and cat, who already seem to know that things are different. I can't wait to tell you about the wonderful family you will be born into. I can't wait to tell you about our world today--a world still without you, but anxious to know you.

But for now, I just want to say that you have already met a very important member of your family. Your great-grandpa, my papa, he went to be with God and the angels just days before we found out about you. I know, LPG, that when he got to heaven, God pulled him aside and gave him the very special honor of picking you. He held you, and rocked you, and said, "Yes, this is the baby for Alyssa and Chris." He gave you a sweet kiss on your forehead, and then sent you along to be our light during the dark times of his absence. I am glad that you got to meet him, and feel his warmth and see his smile. And I am so thankful that he picked you.

You, Little Point Guard, are so special and precious to us already. We can't wait to see you, for the first time, in 2 weeks. I hope to carry you on a safe journey, and fill you with love and happiness until the time when you are in my arms. As I say goodbye for today, I'd like to share with you the lyrics to the lullaby your daddy is already practicing every night to sing to you.

"Like a baby when it is sleeping
In its loving mother's arms
What a newborn baby dreams is a mystery
But his life will find a purpose
And in time he'll understand
When the river meets the sea."

With all our love and 3 point shots,
Momma and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment