Monday, January 3, 2011

Week 9 and 10 Letter-Momma and Daddy's families

Dear LPG,

Hello there my little one. You are the size of a prune this week. I can't believe how much you are growing. I am excited to see you look like a real baby on the 17th. I just know you will be perfect, and every day, my excitement doubles. I will be meeting you THIS YEAR! :)

Today, I wanted to give you a quick summary of your parents wonderful families. They will shower you with love and affection from day one, so I want you to know who they are! :)

Momma's immediate family is small, but my extended family is huge. Your Granny and Grandpa, Phyllis and Bill, have been married since August 8th, 1980. They are crazy and madly in love. I also have a sister, Chelsey. You also have 2 wonderful great-grandmas. Unfortunately, your great-grandpas will not be with us, but they love you just the same.

On my side, you have tons of great-aunts, great-uncles, and cousins that are more like brothers and sisters. Uncle Eric, Aunt Maggie, Uncle Jason and Uncle Jacob are 4 names in particular you should know. On Grandpa's side, you will be the first of this next generation of babies, just like I was when I was born! So you will be especially loved and adored. On Granny's side, you are the 6th great-grandchild.

Daddy's immediate family is also on the small side. Your Nana and Grandpa, Beth and Jerry, met at the same college that Mommy and Daddy attended. In fact, one of your potential names, if you are a boy, is where they met! :) Your daddy has a younger brother, Uncle Jon, and a younger sister, Aunt Emily. Unfortunately, your great-grandpas are also missing from this side, as well as one great-grandma. But, your great-grandma is wonderful and will love you so desperately.

You do not have quite so many great-aunts, great-uncles and cousins to remember from this side. Uncle Alex will undoubtedly be ever present in your life, however. You will love him! On your Nana's side, you are also the first great-grandchild! You will undoubtedly be loved and adored by everyone.

What you should know, LPG, is that your family is full of love. Things aren't always perfect, but as you will come to find out, few things in life are. Sometimes, there are disagreements. Sometimes, people drift apart, but they usually find their way back. What matters most of all, through all the imperfections, is love. Family is forever. Family means forgiveness, and understanding, and unending, incredibly strong love. But that doesn't mean its flawless.

No matter what has happened throughout my life, I have known that my family will always be there for me. And I am so lucky to have married a man whose family embraces me as there own, as well. LPG, you will be so very loved, and these families will ensure that you know that. At 10 weeks, you are already so very loved. I can't even imagine how it will grow when you are here.

As a quick side note, today, Mommy and Daddy told everyone at work. That means we also told all of our students. They are all so very excited for us, and for you. It has been such a joy to share our happy news, even if you are busy making me very exhausted and unable to sleep. It's ok. I love you anyway, even more than yesterday, tons more than last week. I love you, LPG.

Love from the 3 point line,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment